Aviva plc ("Aviva" or the "Company") announces that Jason Windsor has resigned as CFO and as a Director of the Company with effect from July 2022, to take up the position of CFO at Persimmon plc (“Persimmon”).
Over the next six months Jason will remain focused on the delivery of the Company's full year results, due on the 2nd of March 2022, and on ensuring the effective transition of his responsibilities.
The search for a new CFO is underway, and a further update will be issued when appropriate.
Amanda Blanc, Group Chief Executive Officer of Aviva, said:
"Jason has been a valued colleague at Aviva in a variety of roles since joining the group in 2010, including as Chief Financial Officer over the past two and a half years, an important period of transformation for the Company. I would like to take this opportunity to thank him, on behalf of the Board and colleagues across Aviva, for his commitment and contribution during his time here. He will leave with our best wishes for his future career.”
Jason Windsor, Group Chief Financial Officer of Aviva, said:
“I have had 11 tremendous years at Aviva, but the time is now right for the challenge of a new sector, and I am hugely excited at the opportunity of being part of Persimmon. I wish Amanda and the rest of Aviva all the best for the future. I am very proud of what we have achieved over the last 18 months. The business is performing strongly and has great potential. I strongly believe that the strategy is right, and that it will deliver significant value for Aviva’s customers and shareholders.”
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
Rupert Taylor Rea
+44 (0)7385 494 440
+44 (0)7800 691 138
This announcement is made pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.11.
In accordance with section 430(2B) of the Companies Act 2006, there are no remuneration payments made or to be made to Jason Windsor as part of his departure from the Company. During his six-month notice period, Jason will receive his salary and contractual benefits in accordance with his service agreement. He will no longer be eligible for any further awards under the Aviva Annual Bonus Plan (including for the 2021 financial year) or Long-Term Incentive Plan, and when he steps down as Chief Financial Officer he will forfeit all outstanding share awards. The relevant details will be included in the Directors' Remuneration Report in the Company's 2021 Annual Report and Accounts.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for 325 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
- At 30 June 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £522 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/avivaplc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva